1. What are the advantages of buying used forklifts for your business?
Buying a new forklift isn’t always a financially feasible option for a lot of small businesses. Here are a few reasons you should consider buying used forklifts in Toronto:
- Affordable/Cheaper than buying new
- Used forklifts are more readily available and easier to obtain in a pinch
- Minimal downtime
- Easier serviceability
- Equipment familiarity
2. What factors should I consider before buying used forklifts?
Selecting the right used forklifts for your business can have many benefits, if you know what you’re doing. Here are a few factors you should consider when perusing used forklifts for sale in Concord and the surrounding areas.
- Age: Find out when the forklift was manufactured and how much mileage it has. Older machines are more prone to wear and tear over time and might not meet current safety standards and regulations. Always have used forklifts examined by a trained technician prior to purchasing.
- Application: Not all forklifts are the same and therefore, they’re not all capable of performing the same jobs. Do your research and choose the right forklift for your specific indoor or outdoor applications.
- Inspection: Perform a complete visual inspection before buying a used forklift. Look for missing or damaged parts and check the tires for depleted air pressure and smooth ridges as this can impact the performance of the forklift. If you’re unsure what to look for specifically, have the forklift inspected by a trained professional.
- Test it out: You wouldn’t buy a car before taking it for a test drive, would you? The same principle applies to forklifts. Schedule a test drive to make sure that all the components are in safe working condition and that the controls are easy to handle.
- Size: Ask the seller for the forklift dimensions to make sure it fits in your warehouse and has a high or low enough reach to perform specific tasks.
- Product warranty: This protects you in case of mechanical failures or breakdowns during a certain period of time.
- Certificate of examination: This indicates the last time the forklift was professionally inspected.
3. Do you provide a warranty for used forklifts?
Yes, we do offer extensive product warranty for used forklifts. Talk to one of our representatives for more details.
4. Are your used forklifts in good condition?
We perform routine thorough forklift inspections before and after each rental agreement and purchase.
5. Should I buy a used electric forklift?
Used forklifts are a great affordable and safe option for business owners or contractors with a limited equipment budget. If you need help choosing the right forklift or other material handling equipment for your specific business applications, our experienced technicians can be of assistance.
6. What is the average lifespan of a forklift?
Forklift lifespans and serviceability is measured in hours. On average, a well-maintained and properly cleaned forklift can last anywhere from 8,000 to 20,000 hours.
If you’re thinking about buying a used forklift in Toronto, Concord, and throughout the GTA, NovaLift Equipment Inc. can help. Contact us today to request a free quote!